Friday, August 3, 2012

Welcome to the world Hudson!

I had not met Jenilee or Jamieson until this day, labor day. Jenilee is the talented photographer and owner of Turtle Dove Photography. Through a series of messages through Facebook I was honored to be allowed into her labor room. I had never been in a labor and delivery room, never seen a baby born naturally and I was so excited Saturday morning, July 21st when I got the text that Jenilee was in labor! As I waited with this sweet couple for Hudson to make his appearance, I couldn't help but watch Jenilee and be amazed at her calm, relaxed demeanor. I thought to myself, "Women like Jenilee are who I wish I could be like in stressful, intense situations." We joked and laughed and talked about business for 4 hours and it was like I had known Jenilee my whole life. 

Once the time arrived for Hudson to make his appearance I was in a state of shock and full of adrenaline watching the way the nurses and doctors rolled in as if they were the road crew changing out sets for the next bands on stage. I tried to stay out of their way and stay "North" of um you know where! Jenilee seemed like such a pro. This was her 4th delivery and she delivered like a seasoned champ! Within minutes Hudson had arrived and was in the arms of his loving momma. Watching Jenilee and Jamieson look at their son for the first time left me breathless. I had a task to do and yet I couldn't help but take a few moments to thank the Lord for such a beautiful moment for them. I am honored to have met these two love birds and share in this incredible day!






































No comments:

Post a Comment