Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Love Story

Four years ago today Connor and Ashley Thompson said I do. In the last four years these high school sweethearts have had two gorgeous daughters Eden and Zoe, have traveled as missionaries to Africa 5+ times, have endured a miscarriage and have remained in love as much as they did when they got married. I have known this sweet couple for four years as well. My husband and I got to travel with them to Africa 2 years ago and instantly became best buds. Their sweet love and affection towards each other makes you want to go find your love instantly and plant a big wet one on them!

Connor & Ashley paid for their own wedding. As 19 year olds you can imagine that meant a ton of sacrifices made on wants and needs! Unfortunately they couldn't afford a wedding photographer. So we thought it would be fun for their anniversary to recreate their special day in a new way. As Ashley and I chatted back and forth about the details, she sent me a gorgeous photo of a lace wedding dress and told me she wished she could buy a new wedding dress. I had no idea she hated her first dress. She had found her original dress on sale for $150. Again another sacrifice she had to make with having a tight budget. As I looked at the photo of the lace dress I told her "hey why don't I make a new dress for you!" I had made my sister's very simple wedding dress 4 years ago and thought hey why not! I am by no means a seamstress, but I wanted my sweet friend to love her new photos 100% so $50 later and a TON of help from my mom, we made a brand new wedding dress! We also thought it would be fun to surprise Connor so we didn't tell him about the new dress. 

I hope you all enjoy the photos as much as I did photographing them! If you and your sweet one would like to do a "LOVE" shoot, please contact me!

The whole day was orchestrated like a wedding day. The talented Elisia Carlos came over to doll up Ashley with hair and makeup, and Connor's hair as well.


 Shoes designed by Heather Patrick


 First Look! Connor has no idea Ashley has a brand new dress!

Connor's reaction was so sweet! He was so excited and surprised!
 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Phillipians 1:3






 LOVE Sign hand made by AKA Perty.ful.things

 Burlap Sash, Hair flower & Bow Tie hand made by Agape Live Love



  Signs hand made by AKA Perty.ful.things














8 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I love these! Aaron and I have been talking about doing something like this... maybe for our next anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! I would absolutely love love love to do a shoot like this with you guys! It was absolutely my favorite shoot to date!

      Delete
  2. These photos are breathtaking! Our 10 year wedding anniversary is next May :) I know we can't afford another wedding but maybe I can talk the hubby into a romantic shoot. Love This!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! This was so my favorite shoot of all time! Mainly because it was 2 hours just focused on Connor & Ashley at the perfect time of day at great locations so it was so so so fun! We would have so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Loving all of your blog posts lately! And love this, their story and the pictures are just so cute and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my beautiful friend! We'll chat so you can tell me what photos you'd like for your business ;)

      Delete
  4. So, sooo beautiful Diane! Love it! I think the last one is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete